Monday, October 31, 2005

B'Arad

Arad is an absorption town in the middle of the Negev desert in Israel. This is where I live, with about 300 Russians who don't speak english or hebrew, or open doors for girls with heavy bags, or help push elevator buttons when girls with large bags get crushed and are unable to reach them. This is where the three pubs, 6 restaurants, and one mall offer entertainment when it's not Monday, the day the shuk is open and you can watch people try to haggle over slippers while standing in crushed grapes. This is my home for three months.

I'll have more to type when I get over jet lag (I tried sleeping pills for the first time, but they don't seem to kick in until the morning after I take them) when I firgure out what classes I'm taking (next week) and I am told about the program I'm on (sunday).

much love, and tiredness,
Kinneret

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Random said...

Don't sweat it. I'm sure you'll get used to it--and if chivalry is dead become a super-feminist and don't care. Hope all is going well and you start to enjoy. If the place sucks, maybe jetlag is good?

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger A Mus-Ed Blogger said...

Thanks Priya, I love having a friend even more cynical than myself. Makes me feel like an optimist :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home